Geriatric Care for a Wide-Range of Conditions
The geriatric medicine physicians at Northern Nevada Medical Group address the physical, mental, functional, rehabilitative, preventive needs of older patients, including acute and chronic conditions. We provide primary care to adults over 55 in the Las Vegas, Nevada, area, and can diagnose and treat a wide range of conditions.
Geriatric physicians specialize in treating the issues of older adults, and that includes issues that affect the older population at a higher rate such as:
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Senior care doctors for the elderly from Northern Nevada Medical Group are prepared to take care of patients with Alzheimer’s.
- Various types of cancer treatment
- Including early stage cancers, lung cancers and more
- Our geriatric primary care doctors are familiar with diabetes, and Northern Nevada Medical Group offers wound care services for diabetic patients, as well.
- Various types of heart disease and stroke
- Including heart failure, heart attacks and other heart conditions
- Elderly primary care physicians from Northern Nevada Medical Group see osteoporosis on a regular basis and are prepared to meet the needs of our patients.
- Parkinson’s disease
- Parkinson’s disease requires a geriatric primary care physician to help manage symptoms over time and help patients who may be facing this issue.
- Sleep disorders
- Sleep disorders affect the older adult population disproportionately compared to younger adults, and our team is prepared to help patients who may be struggling with sleep issues.
Why Choose Older Adult-Specific Care?
According to the Centers for Disease and Control (CDC), over 54 million Americans were over 65 in 2019 and that number will reach 25% of the total population of the United States by 2060.
A massive and growing population, older adults deserve treatment teams that understand issues specific to them, especially in the Las Vegas, Nevada, area.
Risks for Alzheimer’s disease and dementia increase with age, and medical professionals that know what to look for can make a big difference when seeking care.
Not just brain diseases, aging increases the chances of diabetes, heart conditions and certain types of cancer, too. The medical staff from Northern Nevada Medical Group are more than prepared to help older adults deal with issues specific to them and help them take positive steps forward.
Northern Nevada Medical Group Provides Elderly Care
With geriatric doctors available for a variety of needs, Northern Nevada Medical Group is ready to help patients start feeling better, sooner.
Please schedule an appointment online or call 775-352-5300 to find out more about our geriatric medicine for primary care services today. We are here to help you or a loved one with the care that they need.